Harper was 10 days old but born 2 weeks earlier than expected. We had some fun with a Star-War fanatic dad and they ordered a custom gallery wrap of her dressed as Princess Leia. How fun. Here is another suggestion to use her photos in a unique way. I love showing clients how their photos may look on a wall. I use either stock photos of my own but even better, you send me your rooms and we’ll calibrate it and make sure we order the size you need. No regrets afterwards on a wrong size.
At 18 days old, Siyaan was a little older than I usually prefer to photograph newborns. After the preferred first 14 days they wake up more and want to feed more and sense that mom is around so they may wake up more making for longer sessions. Although this was a really long session we managed to get some sleepy photos.
This was such a fast last minute newborn session. His mom contacted me couple of day AFTER he was born, came to meet me at the studio AND booked and came for his session all before he was 8 days old! Usually sessions are booked a little bit ahead of time but I am so glad we got to make this work.
Teah Grace. What a beautiful name for a beautiful little girl. Love all the pinks, greens and neutrals we used during her shoot.
Easton and his super cute 2yr old sister, Elin came for a photo session at the studio. Elin was great and just a little dream to work with for a 2yr old.
Autumn is one of the most popular months of the year for portrait sessions. After all, nature is doing its thing with all those vibrant colors, plus you get a chance to really play up your wardrobe with accessories in the crisp weather.
1. Make use of accessories and clothing that play up the “autumn” feeling. For example, opt for leather boots, cable knit scarves and comfy cardigans look amazing on the whole family and can really bring a picture to life. Tip: neutrals do really well in the fall against all that foliage.
2. Timing is everything. Start paying attention to that shift in weather as summer melts into fall. Once the leaves start changing, call up your photog and book a session. I know that I like to plan fall sessions, so chances are I’ve got a session ready for you.
3. Location is everything. If it’s autumn, you better believe we’re playing outside in the gorgeous weather. I have a lot of locations to choose from that have particularly pretty backdrops. I’m also open to your suggestions.
4. Plan for a mid-afternoon to early-evening session, when the light is just gorgeous. The days are shorter in the fall, so we need to plan accordingly to get that golden hour light.
5. Play in the environment. Chances are there are leaves on the ground or a few buds lingering around. I may have you throw leaves up into the air or something similar. Remember, this shoot is all about capturing your family bond and having fun, so let loose and get into the season!
6. Pack the necessities. It can get chilly in autumn, so you may want to bring some necessities on hand. I recommend a lip balm, moisturizer, warm packs for your hands, tissues, and, of course, warm apparel.
7. Wear comfortable shoes and accessories. Since we’re going to be outside, we’ll probably do lots of walking. If those boots look amazing, but kill your feet, scratch them. If the scarf looks adorable on Timmy, but it’s scratches his face and makes him unhappy, it’s better left at all.
What a cute babe and just 5 days young! Joined by his three siblings! Lots of boys in this house.
This cute girl was just a few days old and just a doll.